Elvis is English and climbs the hills. Bowie’s London homes, haunts and hangouts.
London’s first covered theatre and Shakespeare London home stood on the site of the former Dominican priory at Blackfriars. There are no signs on the site to reveal this history… only this walking tour from The BeeKeepers. From 1576 it was in use as a theatre, and from 1596 was owned by William Shakespeare’s acting company. Shakespeare also owned a London apartment in the east gate of the old priory. In 1613 The Tempest may have been performed at what’s now Playhouse Yard.
A four part walking tour round the sites of Herald Miniatures workshops in Old Street, London, where they made toy figures, with toy maker and historian Peter Cole and Tim Concannon, for ResonanceFM.